Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taco mishap


Tacos are not supposed to break when folded!
Originally uploaded by .edward

While having the Taquiza special at Mercadito on Avenue B (all you can eat Taquitos for $21) -- I experienced the supreme 'no-no' of a good taco. The soft, maize tortilla is not supposed to fall apart. It did with my el pastor taquito -- even before I took a bite!

Anyway, we dined on 10 plates of Taquitos (basically small two bite tacos). From their version of 'baja fish tacos' (deep fried mahi mahi), el pastor, tacos de pescados (with striped bass -- our favorite of the bunch), steak, chicken mole to shrimp tacos and a few others that I can't remember at the time. So all in all about 40 taquitos among 3 people.

While it seemed a lot, I wasn't overly stuffed at the end of the meal! For $21/person, the taquiza special is well worth it....and the margaritas and micheladas were divine -- BUT still not the best tacos de pescados I have had in NYC....

No comments: